|Includes Official Fees||Yes|
|Trademark Classes Included||1|
|Additional Class||not available|
Filing Fee $680
Includes Official Filing and Professional Fees. Only one class per Brazil trademark application. The fee is subject to surcharge, if the goods and services are not in conformity with INPI’s list of acceptable goods & services.
Brazil Trademark Application
Legal advice, consultation, full trademark examination & search and electronic filing with the INPI
- Consult with our attorneys concerning your Brazil trademark application.
- We examine the registrability of your Brazil trademark application.
- Trademark Clearance search. We search the Registers of the INPI (Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial; INPI) for identical & similar conflicting trademarks. All results are analyzed by an attorney and a search report is prepared.
- Application filed by an Brazilian Attorney, including Electronical filing of your application with the Brazilian Intellectual Property Office (INPI).
- Supervision of the application progress.
- Correspondence with the INPI and response to non-substantial Office ActionsDoes not include refusal based on absolute or relative grounds, or if your trademark is opposed by third parties.
A Brazilian Trademark can be filed only in one class. Brazil is not a multi-class application country. For every additional class a new Brazil trademark application must be filed. Find more info here.
Brazil Trademark Registration - 10 Years
A Brazil Trademark expires 10 years afters its date of registration. Thereafter it may be renewed for consecutive 10 year periods.
Brazil Trademark - Nice Classification
INPI has not ratified the Nice Agreement but adheres to the Nice Classification of goods & services. Thus, Brazil trademark applications are filed in conformity to the list of accepted goods & services published by INPI. Please be aware that a Brazil trademark application cannot be filed in more than one class. For every additional class a new Brazil trademark application will be necessary.
Call us with your inquiry.
Find more info regarding length of protection, application procedure, Classification, Official Fee Discounts, etc.